another frozen system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jyccyj

Hi - I have read the advice and suggestions for "lockup on Windows ME" and "frozen" with interest.
My daughter's computer (Win 98SE) freezes/locks up after a few minutes regardless of what is running. The problem originally started when she acquired a virus thr' e-mail. Although the virus was dealt with, the freezing continued.
Thinking to solve the problem and start anew she did a complete restore of the system, and has in fact done this several times.
The only programs installed are Windows 98SE, Internet explorer 5.5, AOL and Norton Sytem Works 2003.
The problem still continues. Please help.
Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
When you say 'restore' was that with the original cdrom to bring the system back to its original status? I ask because people often confuse reinstalling windows with restoring........

Hi Jyccyj

If it always locks up after a few minutes - it could be over heating

Take the sides off and check the fans are running ok and try and get some extra air blowing accross the cpu

steam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online