1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Hack Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Wacko, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wacko

Wacko Thread Starter

My little brother installed some cheats on his computer for counterstrike about 3 months ago, but deleted them after using them for like a week. Now, several files are showing up on a server scan anti-cheat program while he plays, and he was recently banned for having cheats, when he thought he deleted them. We are on a network, and some of these files show up on my computer, not as many, but a few. I would like some help for how to find these cheats, as I have searched everytype of filename that I can think of. Thank you for any help.:(

2. B3gbie

B3gbie

Try downloading the cheats again (I know it sounds silly) to find out what the filenames were then removing them. This would be the easy way, unfortunately, many cheats alter configuration settings of games, so it may be necessary to backup your save games and reinstall the game. If neither works then hopefully someone else will be able to help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice