1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Inspiron 1545 Dim Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kevink01, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kevink01

kevink01 Thread Starter

Okay, I have replaced LCD, Inverter, and motherboard and the screen is still dim. Besides getting a new computer, what shall I do to narrow the problem down? It boots up fine, but can barely see the screen.

2. Intel_Xtreme

Intel_Xtreme

It would either be the graphics card or inverter. I would point the problem to the inverter.
    Does the laptop have a graphics card that plugs in (not on the motherboard)?

3. kevink01

kevink01 Thread Starter

Well, I purchased a new inverter card and a "new" motherboard. It's still the same issue when I got the laptop. No change. Can the inverter still be bad? How can one check it?

4. Intel_Xtreme

Intel_Xtreme

When you put the screen back together, did you plug both the data cable and power plug in? If not, this is the problem.
    If you've replaced the motherboard, screen and inverter already then the motherboard will be fine- it's the inverter.

Have you tried using an external monitor and seeing if the screen is dull?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068570