1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Powerpoint problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by copyguy, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copyguy

copyguy Thread Starter

Hi:
    I have just done my first PowerPoint presentation( Iam though relatively computer literate). I did the pack & go and burned it to cd. I brought it to a computer(running ME) that I do not have PowerPoint on (or any office products) I installed the viewer and tried to open my presentation. It could not open it. I did notice that it changed the ext to .ppz. PowerPoint itself on my original computer could not identify the file either. Anyone have any ideas? As a side note, I assume pack & go gathers pictures and fonts, sort of like a PDF so it will look the same on everyones computer. Am I right

Thanks for the help

Copyguy

2. copyguy

copyguy Thread Starter

My biggest problem now is I need to do this presentation this weekend. Okay not so bad so far. Here's the hitch, I am bringing it for a Boy Scout presentation. and I can't bring my laptop. I will be in the woods, no electricity. My only option is to do a pack and go. I have to use there equipment

Help me please

Copyguy

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

When you create the "pack and go", and include the viewer, you get the .ppz file and another file "pngsetup.exe"

This PNGSETUP file unpacks and runs the presentation.

Perhaps you are not including it on the CD?

Works fine for me (just tried it to be certain)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice