1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Problem with lavasoft

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Geezer77, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geezer77

Geezer77 Thread Starter

Home user of Dell dimension, Windows xP with SP2, IE7, IE6.
    For the record about this problem. Have gone to Adaware for help--received none. Laid out problem in forum. Many viewers, no responses. Had for protection SpySweeper (still have it), Adaware SE, and Norton 2004. Bought and installed, to replace last two items, Adaware SE Professional 2007 and Mcafee 2007. Installed the former first. Instructions said it would eliminate earlier version on its own. This all done on 12 Jan 07. Almost at once after installing the McAfee, began to receive multiple Ad-watch Alarms from Adware Adwatch. There were over 140. Posted the Adwatch forum about these just now. See prior message I just posted.
    Have not touched computer since, but yesterday, when I opened up, Adware SE sent this message:
    Definitions 601 days old! And told me to update them.
    Now this is nonsense!
    I have had Adaware for over two years in the earlier version. I updated on a regular basis, averaging two to 4 times per month. I see no way I could be 601 days behind, unless the new Adware has thrown out every-thing from the old Adware when it ejected it.
    What do I do now?
    How to prevent this problem next time I update my program?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice