Another problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dickster

Tried to make another partition on my HD for loading Win XP. Partitioned now at 30-10GB for drives c+d. Trying to set up at 24-10-6. Using Partition Magic 7.0, I keep getting an error message. Says "Could not create another partition on disk 1" Tried using space from c and d drives, but same error. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? As always, your help is much appreciate!!

dickster

Tried to shrink down C drive and use unallocated space. Also tried taking straight from C and from D drives. Everything work up till when I choose what drive to take space from. Then pops up error box. Error is "A new partition could not be created on disk 1"
A question. When I installed and set up new 40 GB HD, had some problems. Had to download this upgrade to make things work.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/WURecommended/S_WUFeatured/bigide/Default.asp

Could this be causing my problem? Also, using D drive for system save data. If nothing else works, could I merge C and D drives so I only have one. Then try creating a new partition for Win XP?

Again, thanks for your assist!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online