Another question for anyone who knows how to read a power supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silencerahel

I once read that if a power supply is to far or under the number it says its a bad thing well my power supply reads as this and I was wondering if this is a bad thing cpu voltage 1.11 +3.3v is 3.25 +5v is 6.85 +12v is 12.54 -12v is -6.27 if anyone could tell me anything about this it would be really appreciated

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Reading the voltages using Speedfan or other utility isn't usually reliable. The problem isn't the software, but rather the sensors on the motherboard sometimes aren't accurate. Your 6.85 reading for 5V and -6.27 reading for -12V are way out of tolerance so I wouldn't trust them..

Accurate readings can be made with a digital multimeter, but you would pay $20-30 for a cheap one.

Tanis

Shane
How stable is your system, does it crash much?

If those voltages were correct I would expect your machine to crash a lot, or am I in completely the wrong ballpark there haha!?

Most BIOS's have a section called Hardware Monitor or something like that. Check your voltages in BIOS.

silencerahel

Yeah I checked BIOS and it came up with v core 1.264 3.3 3.248 5v 4.966 12v 11.912 I think that's a lot better

In my opinion most of the software programs I have seen are basically worthless for reading voltages and temperatures with any degree of accurary.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online