1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another security update for Adobe Flash Player!!

Discussion in 'General Security' started by TOGG, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TOGG

TOGG Thread Starter

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've never had a problem with the Flash Player ActiveX and Flash Player Plugin installing a new version over an older version.

I updated this morning from 10.3.181.5 to 10.3.181.14 with no problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. golferbob

golferbob

i also installed the new over the old with no problem.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I simply uninstall the old version first from "Add or Remove Programs". Never needed the uninstaller.

5. TOGG

TOGG Thread Starter

I only use the uninstaller because the Adobe site used to have a section stating that their uninstaller should be used because it was the only thing which would remove 'modern' versions properly (and the Adobe Troubleshooter still advises that it should be used).

When people have problems with upgrading Flash it is at least possible that leftovers of old versions may be involved and, since the uninstaller takes only a few seconds to download and run, it's no trouble for me to use it.

Since so many people seem to have no problem not using the uninstaller, its use can, perhaps, be considered optional.

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Flash and Java seem to be the two apps causing the most problems to install. The number of people on forums with those problems is impressive! Never understood why so many! I have personally never had problems with Flash or Java. :confused:

7. TOGG

TOGG Thread Starter

I've never had problems with them either (perhaps we should both be 'knocking wood' from now on)!

8. Terryl

Terryl

I updated from flashplayer plugin and activex 10.3.181.5 to 10.3.181.14 this morning but could only get flashplayer plugin. I tried to download activex separately but getting the same download file that installed the plugin. I noticed that Flavalee has downloaded both.
    Any advise please ? or should I have started a new request ?
    Thanks

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You can download both the activeX (IE) and plugin (non-IE) versions from here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

10. Terryl

Terryl

Thanks Flavallee,

I done both (IE & non-IE) but still just show up as Adobe flashplayer plugin 10.
    Previously I had Activex listed separately from plugin. Possibly the new version incorporates both.
    Thanks.
    Terryl

11. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Nope. I've downloaded and installed both, and it continues to show separate entries in Add Or Remove Programs/Programs And Features.

---------------------------------------------------------------

12. Terryl

Terryl

Hi Flavallee
    Thanks for your patience. I must have downloaded the same same file twice.I uninstalled and did everything again and now they show separate entries.
    I have done my penance and wrote out 'I must double check everything' 50 times.
    Best regards
    Terryl

13. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  14. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/996529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice