another simple problem i cant seem to solve

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dchung1

ok i was stupid enough to use Cox communication cd and now that cd has taken over my computer, i went in to add and remove programs and took it off however cox is still lurking in my computer for example they changed my internet explorer instead of an E i get cox and they just modifed some of my programs to make it thier isnt that quaint any suggestions on removing those stupid things

Bryan

Bryan
My guess is most likely just have "Cox" branding of IE but it's still IE. Check here in the registry and see what you find.

Start Regedit and navigate to

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

Delete the keys for "BrandBitmap" and "SmBrandBitmap"

Then restart Internet Explorer for the change to take effect.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts