1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Skype - Can't Load Post

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dragonfly35, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonfly35

dragonfly35 Thread Starter

Hello Fine People,
    Can't load skype as mentioned, I, a) took skype out of registry; b) used Phantom's statement about using app data text entry, c) tried administrator 'loading' mode, d) anywhere I could find the mention of skype and removed it from my machine using files remover, e) looked for the program list, etc. [Don't mean to bore you all]

can anyone help here? My XP machine skype just fine, etc. / windows 7 - 64 bit - different story.

i gotta leave now. gotta walk the dog/sigh.....:rolleyes:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4025 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1820 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 229648 MB, Free - 86580 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, JE51_MV
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What does "can't load" mean? Do you get an error? Or nothing happens when you click on it?

Manually deleting files and registry settings is incredibly risky. At this point, Skype might not even reinstall properly.

3. dragonfly35

dragonfly35 Thread Starter

Lost my connection, so this might be a repeat___Anyway, thank you DoubleHelix, for answering: "Cant Load" meant, at the end of the download, I get the error message: 1603 'thing'. I even tried to get an earlier version hoping that might get thru____But, no luck. Oh yeah, I'm Real careful about getting into the registry.

Interesting this morning, Saturday, my friend that worked in computers tech for 20 some years, said; Download the program into a thumb drive, then install in your laptop from that drive. Press the "save" link instead of "run" link for the Thumbdrive. I'll try that after I send this. Will keep you posted

dragonfly35 / I cant remember things as well as I used to. Also, I can't remember things as well as I used to.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice