1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another spill story, but a bit different...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CZpet, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CZpet

CZpet Thread Starter

I spilled sugarfree Dr. Pepper (moron!) on my laptop and now the Control and function keys are malfunctioning (as if they are always "on" and the F10 key sometimes displays the "on" light and also seems to stick). I got it cleaned and I adjusted my filter keys settings to "no repeat rate" on my keypad, so that my control function does not work (and I also can not hold a key down to repeat keystrokes anymore), but that is fine b/c it's not a major handicap for me--cheaper than buying a whole new laptop. However, is there anything else I can do to fix this problem software wise? Would it be beneficial to me to buy a new keyboard? I appreciate any responses!! Kind thanks!

2. Gibble

Gibble

ouch on a laptop?

The only good way to clean that is to take the laptop apart...the membrane behind the plastic keys is probably nicely gummed up with a mixture of dust and dr pepper...

...I'd see about getting the keyboard on it replaced, or at the very least cleaned by a professional.

Unless you've done it many times before you don't want to take apart a laptop ... they can be a PITA to get back together...and it voids your warranty if you do it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice