1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

another stupid memory question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paublo, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

Sorry about the stupid question But..........

I got a memory(thingy) to install and i found where it goes inside but it does'nt fit.

the card is a Azenram and says on label 100% compatible

I have a Cicero which i don't see on anybodys list of manufacturers list(it's from future shop thats probably why)

anyways it almost goes in and the clips almost line up should i use my hammer and persuade it to go:D jk

is it the wrong type and how can i find the right one(I know go ask future shop right):rolleyes:

I got this for nothing and was hoping I was doing something wrong as i've never seen the insides before(scary:confused: )

Thx for any help on this stupid question:)

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Paublo:

What brand name, model name, and model number is your computer? This will help to determine what type of RAM it needs and the maximum amount of RAM that it can use.

You might be better off having a computer shop do it, since you are obviously having problems doing it. It is easy for them to do and the cost should be very reasonable.

Using a hammer to "persuade" the RAM module to fully seat is definitely not the thing to do. (n)

By the way, no question is stupid. That is what these forums are here for, so you can learn. ;)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips (Also a Windows XP user)

3. brianF

brianF

Future shop uses a generic motherboard and they don't say who makes it. Your best bet may be to ask them.

You could always remove the present memory and compare it to the one your installing, if there exactly the same size on the pins and notches you probably need to pust a little harder. Some memory takes a good shove to get it in. But don't push so hard as to flex and break the motherboard.

4. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

Thx you guys the stupid questions DO HELP ME LEARN and am glad you responde to them

I guess i'll have to but some more memory from "them")its cheap but not free..........lol)

but thx any ways

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/179408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice