Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Windows Defender Error Code

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sirensofsilence 
#1 ·
Dear Tech Guy,

Firstly, thank you (Flrman1) for your excellent support with my previous problem. You are a credit to the Internet.

Secondly, my new problem. Everytime I start up my girlfriend's (Chinese) laptop, it has this error message:

"Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused Windows Defender to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support to start a service manually."

How can I get rid of it, and is Windows Defender important, given that it never initialises anyway?

Thanks in advance.

SOS.

#4 ·
It's an anti-spyware program that I had when it was Microsoft AntiSpyware. I removed it later, but I also use Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, and SpywareBlaster for spyware detections. You can have as many anti-spyware programs running as you want, just not anti-virus programs. If you remove Windows Defender, I would recommend installing one or several of the other anti-spyware programs.

#5 ·
Hello again,

Windows Defender doesn't appear in Add/Remove Programs and I can't find any Uninstall .exe's in the program folder. It doesn't take up much room - can I do something to remove it from the registry, or something to stop Windows trying to load it when I start up? (I don't want to download a new version).

Also, could you give me links for your Spyware programs?

Thanks - you guys are always a great help!

SOS.

#6 ·
Sorry guys - this problem hasn't been solved yet!

Windows Defender doesn't appear in Add/Remove Programs and I can't find any Uninstall .exe's in the program folder. It doesn't take up much room - can I do something to remove it from the registry, or something to stop Windows trying to load it when I start up? (I don't want to download a new version).

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.