1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Windows XP BSOD Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Stonkey, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonkey

Stonkey Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I posted here a little while back with a BSOD problem. I thought I had fixed it (I was ok for awhile), but now it's happening again. The symptoms are a little bit different from last time though.

Here's the sequence:

I get the BSOD. It's been to fast for me to write anything down, and it doesn't create a mini-dump. I'll get the BSOD message up here as soon as I can.

The computer restarts, and I get this message during the boot up (white letters on a black screen):

"Phoenix TrustedCore (tm) NB
    Copyright 1985-2005 Phoenix Technologies
    All rights reserved

System BIOS Version: V1.40
    VGA BIOS Version: ATI UMA V008.05I.017.000.18675
    CPU0 =AMD Turion (tm) 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-50

640K System RAM Passed
    1918M Extended RAM Passed
    512 KB L2 Cache
    System BIOS Shadowed
    Video BIOS Shadowed
    Fixed Disk 0: ST9q2p8r1A``````````````
    Mouse initalized
    ERROR
    0200: Failure Fix Disk 0"

Then I get the option to press F1 to continue boot or F2 to load the boot menu. When I press F1, I get this message (white letters on a black background again):

"Intel UNDI PXE-2.0 (build 082)
    Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (020326)

Client MAC ADDR: 00 66 D4 11 5B 4B
    GUID: 37363032-3130-3335-3761D4115B4B
    DHCP..."

It will add periods after the DHCP for 30 seconds (some sort of scan?). After that, the DHCP goes away and it says:

"PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE Rom"

It shows this additional part of the message for only a couple seconds. Then the screen will black out, and the Intel message/scan screen start over.

This happens every time after the initial BSOD that I just hit F1 at the first screen. It will not get out of that loop until I restart the computer and press F2 to go to the boot menu at the first screen. Once I go to the boot menu and restart, it will boot Windows again (even though I don't change anything in the boot menu).

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing the problem?

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Seems it can't find the hard disk, the CD doesn't have a bootable drive and there are no network options from which to boot. All this points to the hard disk not being recognised or mounted.

Can you try again but this time, tap the Function 8 key as the system starts up and if you get to the Advanced Boot menu with Safe Mode options, select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" That will make the blue screen stand still long enough to be read and then you can post the details back here. We only need the numeric code 0x0000?? and ANY_WORDS_JOINED_UP by underscores.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice