1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

another wireless thread.parkervision CANT EVEN GET A INTERNET ICON!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by privacy, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. privacy

privacy Thread Starter

hey guys new on here and love it!!!

to the point, dad has the dsl box and a parker vision router (box with antenas lol) and i have one of the recievers..now my issue my internet would work fast and great for a while but for months its been in the trash.slow,having to pres refresh constantly to get in a page just horrible.plus all it disconect from the internet and when i try to find th eicon to re connect its not even existent..can someone please for god sake help me conect and keep it connected and make it fast./

IM A TOTAL NEWB RUNNING XP!! I DONT KNWO TERMS I DONT KNOW ANYTHING SO PLEASE BE DETAILED AND IF I HAVE TO TYPE SOMETHING WRITE IT EXACTLY HOW IT HAS TO BE TYPE PLEASE DONT ADD " AND SUCH

sry but im lost in this topic!!

thanks alot for the help guys!

2. yusoffb01

yusoffb01

Do you have a firewall on?
    If not try downloading zone alarm.
    before that you might want to turn on windows firewall.
    Start>control panels> windows firewall

3. privacy

privacy Thread Starter

I dont think you understand,I cant even find an internet icon because (the two computers linked) well its not there lol.I cant click to connect to any internet because its no on my comp.And what did turning firewall on do?And whats that program you told me to download (wich I can :-( ) do as well?

thanks

4. privacy

privacy Thread Starter

????? anyone???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice