1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another XP Pro boot problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rsphoto, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsphoto

rsphoto Thread Starter

I have another XP Pro boot problem. I had left my computer running and when I came home from work it was on the "Your computer has been shut down improperly" (or whatever it says) dos screen. if I select the "Use the last know good startup" or the Start Windows normally prompt, it starts to load, but re-boots before I even get to the XP startup screen. If I select startup in Safe Mode, I get what looks like a listing of some drivers and it just hangs there. I am able to get access to the CD via an old 98se startup floppy, but windows setup won't run because it's an upgrade. Any ideas???

System info:
    AMD Thunderbird 1Ghz
    256mb
    120gb Maxtor
    Asus A7V motherboard
    Video card (I don't remember off hand)

2. lynneb5

lynneb5

I am experiencing this same XP Pro boot problem. Where do I find the answer?

3. tuffguy

tuffguy

Any system info would be helpful. Maybe we can sort this out and get it going again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice