1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ant Apache

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by serehawk2000, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serehawk2000

serehawk2000 Thread Starter

I have downloaded Ant apache from the ant.apache.org site. I am trying to run it but in the instructions it says to

Before you can run Ant there is some additional set up you will need to do unless you are installing the RPM version from jpackage.org:

* Add the bin directory to your path.
    * Set the ANT_HOME environment variable to the directory where you installed Ant. On some operating systems, Ant's startup scripts can guess ANT_HOME (Unix dialects and Windows NT/2000), but it is better to not rely on this behavior.
    * Optionally, set the JAVA_HOME environment variable (see the Advanced section below). This should be set to the directory where your JDK is installed.

I am not sure how to add the follow these steps. In particular i dont understand how to add the bin directory to my path.

Help please

2. tpamet

tpamet

I'm not very familiar with bash, but...
    Open shell ($ represents the prompt)
    $ PATH=$PATH:/path/to/ant/bin/
    See:
    http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/prepostpath.htm

To see the current path, use
    $ echo $PATH

I don't know where the ant bin is, but try looking around in /usr or /var for a directory named "ant" or something, and then in that directory for a directory called "bin".

As for the second/third part, I don't know, sorry.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice