Ant Apache

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

serehawk2000

I have downloaded Ant apache from the ant.apache.org site. I am trying to run it but in the instructions it says to

Before you can run Ant there is some additional set up you will need to do unless you are installing the RPM version from jpackage.org:

* Add the bin directory to your path.
* Set the ANT_HOME environment variable to the directory where you installed Ant. On some operating systems, Ant's startup scripts can guess ANT_HOME (Unix dialects and Windows NT/2000), but it is better to not rely on this behavior.
* Optionally, set the JAVA_HOME environment variable (see the Advanced section below). This should be set to the directory where your JDK is installed.

I am not sure how to add the follow these steps. In particular i dont understand how to add the bin directory to my path.

Help please

I'm not very familiar with bash, but...
Open shell ($ represents the prompt)
$ PATH=$PATH:/path/to/ant/bin/
See:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/prepostpath.htm

To see the current path, use
$ echo $PATH

I don't know where the ant bin is, but try looking around in /usr or /var for a directory named "ant" or something, and then in that directory for a directory called "bin".

As for the second/third part, I don't know, sorry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts