Antec EA550G PRO opinions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rifuba

I'm soon going to do a video editing machine upgrade with the following:

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU
Asus ROG Strix X370F
My old Geforce GTS250, because I plan zero gaming.

What is your opinions on the Antec EAG550G Pro for this setup? I also looked into the VP650, but the 550 looked like a better bet.

Lastly, any opinions on Gamdias PSU's?

Thank you!

Rifuba

I like Antec PSU's.....I have 2 of them. The old first version Earth Watts 500 watt which is in my backup PC and a Antec Edge 750 watt for my gaming PC.

Here's a link to each of their series....some good info.
https://antec.com/product/power-series.php
Thank you!

It seems like I will go for it then. I get 7 years local warranty, which I suppose say something as well ( even though it is not as reassuring as guarantee)

crjdriver

Is there any particular reason why you are building with 3yr old parts? The 4xx and 5xx chipset motherboards are a big improvement over the first gen ie 3xx chipset series boards. A quick check on newegg shows the first gen processors cost the same OR more than a modern 3700X.

Rifuba

Is there any particular reason why you are building with 3yr old parts? The 4xx and 5xx chipset motherboards are a big improvement over the first gen ie 3xx chipset series boards. A quick check on newegg shows the first gen processors cost the same OR more than a modern 3700X.
I'm located in South Africa (forgot to add it to my profile) and the parts I mentioned is the only that is still in the price range I can afford right now. The 3700X and others are still wildly expensive here, and we also have major stock shortage on a lot of parts, due to the nationwide lockdown, which is not going to be lifted anytime soon.

I also hoped for a 4xx range motherboard, but they are either way more expensive, or out of stock:cry: So I kind of hoped that the fact I'm never going to do any gaming at all on this machine could mean that maybe I can get away with it:sneaky:

crjdriver

OK, I see. Here the 1700 is more expensive than a 3700X.
The asus ROG boards are excellent; great onboard sound, very good pw regulation.

crjdriver

You may want to update the bios on that board. There were a LOT of improvements made over the release bios. The first boards were somewhat "Temperamental" however after a lot of bios updates they are better.

Rifuba

You may want to update the bios on that board. There were a LOT of improvements made over the release bios. The first boards were somewhat "Temperamental" however after a lot of bios updates they are better.
Thank you very much for your input; I appreciate it a lot!

I see another motherboard that I could maybe find in stock if I look hard enough, is the MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max.

The reason I like boards like this is that I can add an SSD on board, along with a GPU. The much cheaper boards I can find only have one slot. And with the work I'm doing, I will eventually need all the storage possible:cool:

Rifuba

Just a quick update:
I did manage to secure the X470 board. Now I just have to wait a little while for shipping.

Thank you again for the valuable input; I appreciate it very much!

I think I can mark this as solved now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online