1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anti Spam

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mrdarq, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrdarq

mrdarq Thread Starter

Hello all,
    My Company has issued me the task of finding a new Anti Spam filter. We use Microsoft Exchange and currently are using the Trend Micro security suite SMB.
    We have found the Anti Virus engines to be great and all most infallible, but the antispam and content filtering aspects are crapy and inconsistent.
    Various Emails are quarantined for unknown reasons and it causes us a great deal of grief.
    So we are hoping to disable it and install another one on top if it.
    I found this antispam engine online and I was hoping to discuss it with you
    http://www.nospamtoday.com/server/nospamtoday-smtp-spam-filter.html
    Has anyone used this system?
    It sound great but then again I don’t know much about the matter
    It claims the have the following properties
    - Directory Harvesting Attack Protection
    Which I think our system have never been subjected to
    -Open Relay Protection
    I have a little trouble understanding what this is but I believe it means that domains and url's can be flagged using wild cards, which I think is good because I have noticed that in some cases the spammer will use the same names for subdirectories on different domains to host images (which otherwise I think is impossible to filter unless you use text recognition programs which I don’t think are even on the market atm, are they?)
    Mail Flooding Protection
    Which I once again I don’t think or server has been subjected to
    And finally Delay Filter Concept
    This creates a delay in the mail server, and is believed discourage spammers and should eradicate about one third of all spam

This sounds pretty good to me but as mention before I don’t know the whole story.
    If anyone could please give me advice on the functionality of this program and possibly suggest other Antispam engines that are better (please provide reasons) please do so.

Thank you for your time,
    Regards, Hamish

p.s is this the right section?

2. mrdarq

mrdarq Thread Starter

well its been nearly a week now, and i am sure that if anyone had anything intresting to say on the matter they would have said it already.
    thanks anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice