1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anti-vermin flashing icon in system tray

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mehit58, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mehit58

Mehit58 Thread Starter

Help! I now have this flashing icon in my system tray ; when you click on it it brings you to a site called Anti-Vermins.com. I have tried my Norton 2005, Windows Defender and Advanced Windowcare V2 to remove it but no luck. I became so desperate I purchased XoftSpySE last night to the tune of $39.00 because they claimed they could remove it. No such luck. The only upside to all the cleaning is the computer is actually running faster.

Can you help?:eek:

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

3. Mehit58

Mehit58 Thread Starter

I downloaded it last night, but when I re-booted in Safemode the program was not on my desk top to access. Any suggestions. Although I can navigate pretty well around the PC, I am a bit of a novice in this area.

4. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:) Did you follow the instructions on THIS link? You have to unzip the Smitfraud file after you download it.

5. Mehit58

Mehit58 Thread Starter

Just tired re-booting and running in Safemode and still cannot access Smitfraud. It does not show up on my desk top. Only the recycle bin and a shortcut to Xoftspy. HELP!!!

6. Mehit58

Mehit58 Thread Starter

Can you explain how to "unzip" I am a novice in this area.

7. Old Rich

Old Rich

double click . . click on "Extract files"

. . or . . RIght Click, select Extract

8. Mehit58

Mehit58 Thread Starter

Problem has been resolved. Opted for a live chat w/a tech who remotely solved the problem.

9. Old Rich

Old Rich

Cool . . . :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!