1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

anti virus and spyware

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by WEBBIT, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WEBBIT

WEBBIT Thread Starter

Hi

i run bit defender anti virus plus 10 and i was running spyware sweeper as well, but after a while when bit defender updated i kept getting a blue screen error saying thatthe problem was with bdvr.sys. i contacted bit defender through their excellent live assistance and they told me that they conflict. i asked them which spyware program does not conflict and he told me that the bit defender anti spyware intergrated into the program was ok as a stand alone.
    Now all these anti virus companys are intergrating spyware security into their programs so do we not need stand alone spyware programs.

2. newbiesecurity

newbiesecurity

Any particular AV/AS product is only as good as their signature set. If there is a conflict problem, I would try one of the free online scanners to supplement bitdefender. Just type in "free online spyware scan" into Google and go with one of the reputable vendors.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice