1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anti virus/anti spyware programs missing from system tray

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Dusty Keyboards, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty Keyboards

Dusty Keyboards Thread Starter

I recently downloaded PC Security Shield (supposedly a good anti virus program) and Spyware Terminator (antispyware) and noticed that their icons sometimes, do not show up in my system tray when I boot up. And it stays like that. I've had no icons for three days now...huh?:confused:

I've looked up this problem in the accompanying (Security Shield) help menu and it wasn't any help....but it basically states no icon = no protection....so what the bejeepers can I do to fix this problem?

2. JohnTheNutter

JohnTheNutter

Just a quick thought, go to start-up options and see if they are listed as due to run on start-up, if you have no suitable programme to view your start-up programmes go to run and type msconfig and check the start-up tab

3. Dusty Keyboards

Dusty Keyboards Thread Starter

Thanks, I checked and it appears they are both tied to start up and both are apparently working ...still no little icons in the tray. I'm going to have a beer.(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice