Anti Virus Software & Firewall Selection? Please H-E-L-P!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bernie1

:confused: My ISP company, EarthLink, is offering anti spy-ware, firewall, anti-virus, etc. If I go with their service will I still need an anti-virus program loaded on my PC? Or will the EarthLink anti-virus be sufficient?

Thanks for your responses.

Howdy Bernie1
My ISP runs an anti-virus but I still have my own AV,Firewall,and several antispyware programmes on my home computer.Imagine what could happen if a virus gets through your ISP and your own computer doesn't have any protection! My own choices are: NOD32 for my AV (my kids run AVG free version and find that is good enough for them)I have Zobe Alarm Pro for my firewall (my kids run the free Zone Alarm version) and I have WinPatrolPlus;Spybot Search and Destroy;AdAware SE; Spywareblaster;IE Spyad (for when you have to use Internet Explorer) as my antispyware applications.
Hope this has been of some help to you.Regards Paula :)

Bernie1

pfurball said:
Howdy Bernie1
My ISP runs an anti-virus but I still have my own AV,Firewall,and several antispyware programmes on my home computer.Imagine what could happen if a virus gets through your ISP and your own computer doesn't have any protection! My own choices are: NOD32 for my AV (my kids run AVG free version and find that is good enough for them)I have Zobe Alarm Pro for my firewall (my kids run the free Zone Alarm version) and I have WinPatrolPlus;Spybot Search and Destroy;AdAware SE; Spywareblaster;IE Spyad (for when you have to use Internet Explorer) as my antispyware applications.
Hope this has been of some help to you.Regards Paula :)
Thanks Paula for your advise on what I should use for my anti-virus. It was very helpful.

Have a great day!!

Bernie1

Bernie1

golferbob said:
i would run my own . i use AVG free and zone alarm.
Thanks for your advise golferbob regarding the use of an ati-virus directly on my PC. That makes sence!

Have a great day!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online