Anti-virus software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AM3RICUS

My dad just got a new computer and we are trying to set him up with some anti-virus software. Norton is a resource hog so i won't even let him entertain that idea. I told him to get AVG for spyware as i have had great luck with it, but i am not sure for anti-virus. What do you guys recommend?

AM3RICUS

thanks a lot guys for the response. I think I may grab myself AVG anti-virus because i am more than impressed with their spyware. Thanks again.

I have used AVG for several years now and do not recall any problems with it (except one minor onse, see below). I got it on recommendation and I know of other people who use it - and of course, there is a FREE edition! The AV database automatic updates are very frequent :)
One small point......it has options to scan both incoming and outgoing e-mail messages. I had to run off the OUTgoing scan, as each message scanned has an AVG "OK" message attached at the end which appears at the receiving end as an attachment - and some e-mail list servers reject that attachment as 'dodgy' :-(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online