1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anti virus

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by coquern, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coquern

coquern Thread Starter

Hello
    I am operating a pc with Windows XP and an using AVG antivirus Ver 7 I have been running this anti virus since May of 2004 with no problems. I am licensed to operate this program from AVG for a two year period but suddenly it will not up-date as it should. When I checked the serial number in the program, the last four numbers and letters are missing.
    My question is, how do I reinstall the serial number ???

2. John Burns

John Burns

I believe if you contact Grisoft (AVG) they will be happy to help you re-intall the program - and probably provide you with the best advice regarding this.

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I noticed that AVG was having a problem updating during the last two days,have you tried again since? failing that uninstall and re-install AVG .......

Just for the record it IS updating now I just did it ......

4. John Burns

John Burns

Another thread just popped up today - some seem to be having problems updating. I am on cable, running two home computers on wireless network and I have had NO problem updating AVG at all. Strange!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!