1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anti Viruses

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by CyBerAliEn, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn Thread Starter

First to note, I am interested in getting an anti virus on my laptop because I do not wish to unknowingly infect large networks with any viruses that may be on my laptop or even become infected from an infected network because I bring my laptop with me and usually will connect it into different networks for internet access, etc as well as my home network.

Basically I do not want to gain a virus or such at one place and infect another some way or another (I know not all viruses will spread like that, etc).

Basically what would be the BEST virus scan? Money will not be an issue.

2. $teve

$teve

NORTON!;)

3. CyBerAliEn

I hope you are right!

I now have Norton Anti-Virus and the whole internet security package installed and running on my laptop with a 2 year subscription.

Any specific settings or features I should have enabled or such specifics to give best protection (but I also do not want to be closed up and "disconnected" from everything)?

Thanks!

4. CyBerAliEn

Thanks for the advice!

I was originally thinking Norton, but among forums and such you usually only see things about the free ones so I was a little unsure. But I love all the features it has, and so far the ad blocking is amazing (have only had 1 ad come through out of hundreds).

As said about not hearing a lot except about the free ones, how good is the Norton firewall? I am not too concerned about hackers or such breaking through my network firewall and then getting into my laptop's firewall... but it is always good to know.

Also, how does all I have compare to that PCcillin thing? My brother has that on his computer and call it "rivulery" if you wish, but I would like to know who's is better ;)

Again, thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!