1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Antispyware reviews

Discussion in 'General Security' started by tonyboy9, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyboy9

tonyboy9 Thread Starter

I'm using Ad-Aware 2007 Plus for spyware, and NOD32 as anti-virus.

I just had viruses removed from my hard drive and Windows XP. The technician who helped me installed NOD32, instead of Avast which was installed before the successful virus attacks. My browser was also changed from IE 6 to Mozilla Foxfire, which the tech thinks is less susceptible to virus attacks.

My system runs well now. I looked at CNet Review to rate different antispyware products, and my Ad-Aware 2007 was rated last of ten products, so I don't really know who to believe.

Comments are welcome.

2. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Did you purchase Ad-Aware 2007 Plus? If so, you might to supplement it (if not replace it) with Spy Sweeper by WebRoot. It's highly rated and well respected. Generally, people use multiple anti-spyware apps. When talking free apps, Ad-Aware (free edition), Spybot S&D, AVG anti-spyware, and one or two others are frequently mentioned.

Peace...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/709830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice