1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Antivir + Avast (Web Shield Only) Compatibility

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Terran_Ghost, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terran_Ghost

Terran_Ghost Thread Starter

Thanks for your time.

I just installed Antivir and felt naked without a web shield, so I reinstalled everything in Avast! except the standard shield.

In theory, this should work, however the apps froze on startup, so I set Avast! to launch after all other applications load and they seem to like each other now.

What I'm here to ask is whether this should theoretically cause any problems.

Please don't reply with, "OMG YOU ONLY NEED ONE ANTIVIRUS" because I am only running one antivirus. My reasoning for running both apps is so that the Avast! web shield will take effect during browsing, and Avira will handle everything locally. The issue I have with using Avast! for everything is that it seems to constantly scan all my files, without letting me set it to just "scan on application read/write" which causes major slowdowns.

2. Terran_Ghost

Terran_Ghost Thread Starter

Wow no one has any experience with this pairing? That's amazing.

OK thanks anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/900574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice