1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Antivirus not opening

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Geenab1, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Geenab1

Geenab1 Thread Starter

Hey guys,
    For some reason I cant get my antivirus to open and work, I have norton. Cheers in advance for any help :)

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    This may lead to a few comments but. Norton does not seem to be working to well with Windows 7. I am sure they will sort it out. But, meanwhile, why not disable it and try , for example, MSE (Free!) or Avira (also FRee). I think, perhaps, you may never lok back.

3. Iceblade7

Iceblade7

I would also suggest to get rid of Norton, it does not work as well as alot of the free programs out there. Another very good antivirus program out there is called Avast you can google for it. Avast Home

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Uninstall Norton and run Symantec's Norton Removal Tool. Make sure you have your Product key (see info on that link) so that you can reinstall it.

I don't prefer to use Norton Anti-Virus now, and haven't heard of the Windows 7 problems davehc mentions, but lately Norton has been getting good reviews for effectiveness vs. similar products. Here is a review from PCWorld.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!