1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Antivirus Suite" Virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Pilotmom, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilotmom

Pilotmom Thread Starter

Someone else posted the problem below, which is exactly what has appeared on my computer today, April 5. So I copied and pasted here. I am receiving messages that various files have been infected....google search, etc. I am unable to use IE at all, unable to open downloaded virus removal programs, and, of course, unable to use my own McAfee virus program. How can I remove this "Antivirus Suite" that keeps appearing, and it's related virus?

<<I have a little icon called antivirus suite, it just appeared today, and I never downloaded it, and I don't think I downloaded anything at all toady. Every time I try to use IE it goes straight to http://pc-fortress.microsoft.com/block.php?r=70.11 and tells me that visiting this website (google) might harm my computer and I need to buy antivirus suite. It says that any time I try to visit any website.

Also when I'm in control panel trying to do stuff it rarely fully opens anything, it just closes and a little windows security alert bubble pops up telling me so and so file is infected.>>

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!