1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any advice on how to start making desktop applications?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Zenolin, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zenolin

Zenolin Thread Starter

Hi all,

I would like to learn how to make applications for desktop computers (probably Windows) mainly for my personal projects (but hopefully with potential to go further.). I used to do some programming maybe 15 years ago, mainly without a graphical user interface (C, F95, A little Visual Basic) and I would like to start up again but was wondering which direction I should go in? What method is most common these days? Has it changed much?

I'm being a bit open as I'm not really up to date, I was hoping that advice I receive would allow me to narrow it down.

I was wondering about using Microsoft Azure due to the parallel computing capabilities but I don't know if it is appropriate for someone getting started?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186700