1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any alternative to KompoZer editor?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by tradesource, Feb 13, 2018 at 5:46 AM.

Advertisement
  1. tradesource

tradesource Thread Starter

hey tech guys

Was trying with KompoZer to get some web pages edited,
    but it looks like can't be installed, even I dragged the icon to be in the same folder of the pages,
    Tried many times,, it seems no more options to get the job done with this out dated program,
    my quest here: is there any other alternative app?

2. Sponsor

3. JiminSA

JiminSA

Were these webpages created using Kompozer? If they weren't then, like any other WYSIWYG editor, it won't render unfamiliar pages for editing. If they were, then you might consider looking at a Kompozer Forum to get a solution;)

4. JiminSA

JiminSA

Frankly IMHO, Kompozer is the best WYSIWYG editor out there ...

5. tradesource

The question was about: [ any other WYSIWYG ] that similar to Kompozer,

6. JiminSA

JiminSA

Agreed and I answered that in my second post. My first post was intended to help you deal with a possible Kompozer problem, which you obviously don't appreciate.

7. JiminSA

JiminSA

However you could take a look at these WYSIWIG editors
    I really don't know which of these is best, but why not try to do your amendments using Notepad++ and your expertise in html

tradesource likes this.
  8. tradesource

First, When I posted back,, did not see the second reply,, it seems we were typing at the same time,
    secondly, generally and naturally,, I am a thankful person, always appreciate all good things around and every effort, so I would say thank you once again for your kind efforts,
    However, KompoZer is a good one, I have Notepad++ installed, but need something like KompoZer to see and edit and insert codes all at the same work frame,
    but, can't be installed, and usually when I click on the webpage to edit, just right click then open with and find the KompoZer in the list,
    something unclear why can't be installed, or maybe due to over out of dated program?
    However, I would very much like to find a similar application,,
    thank you so much.

9. JiminSA

JiminSA

There's a suite called SeaMonkey, which comprises all sorts of Goodies and boasts a simple but effective Composer - this may well be worth a look at ...

tradesource likes this.
  10. tradesource

Thank you, I will have a look on it there,

11. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    There is, of course, Dreamweaver but there is a considerable cost involved with that BUT imho it is the best of the WYSIWYG editors. Have you tried Expression Web from M$ here it is free.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1204868