1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any command line switches for remote install of this VPN application?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by StumpedTechy, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

I have a user who has for 3 months not shown up to have her PC serviced.
    The problem is an old version of this same application rendered remote desktop unuseable! I get some kind of error that is caused by a gina.dll problem which was casued from the old versions install onto the XP machine.

The application I now have is -
    Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote/SecuClient NG with apllication intelligence (R55)

When I do the install I have to make 2 selections. SecuRemote (not SecuClient) and then to apply it to all adapters (not just the dial up adapters).

I need to find command line switches for this but there are none when I do a /? at the end. I know not all exe's keep swich help files as I have seen many exes with hidden switches... Can I find a way to do this remotely?

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Could you repackage it as an MSI. Wouldn't that give you the ability to create an answer file?

I know that is how my friend is doing it on his Novell network now. We use to create Snapshots but that is becoming a thing of the past now.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

Believe it or not I have never used/created an MSI file....

I'll look into it though I know last time it looked daunting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!