1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any comments on a Camcorder?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by xico, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

I'm thinking about buying a Panasonic SDR-H60 60 GB Hard Drive Camcorder with 50x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom for $325 that lists for $549. It's new.

Read one review that said the pic on his tv was horrible, and another that said he really liked the camera except that there was a little audio noise. Most reviews were positive, considering the price for the class. Anyone here have any ideas? Other camcorders?
    I wanted the 60GB harddrive, so that I can put it on my computer without a lot of hassels. I already have a Sony HDV/DV switchable full HD 1080. My complaint is that it uses tapes which in the long run becomes expensive, and there's a bit of a hassle getting it on the computer.

Thanks for any input.

xico :D

2. Plantsman

Plantsman

If you don't want tape, have you considered a Flash camcorder rather than a disk drive version. These record mainly to SD digital camera cards which make them even more versatile.

You can simply remove the card after shooting footage and place in a card reader and transfer video files to PC for editing. Some models you might consider are Panasonic SD9, Canon HF100 both are High Definition or perhaps the Panasonic S7 if you just want DVD quality.

This is the future and preferable to a fixed hard disk which could be troublesome if a fault develops. Anyway there are other Flash camcorder models worth investigating. Hope this helps

3. xico

xico Thread Starter

Thanks, Plantman! I'm going to check these out. The possibility of the hard drive having complications is an excellent point. Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/774345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice