1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any device that will pinpoint GPS of distant location?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by bj nick, Dec 4, 2018.

1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

So....I go exploring off-road, and I wonder if there is anything I can use to, say, use my binoculars to find a place/location, and then get an exact GPS location for it? In other words, I see a distant lake, and then I can maybe enter the coordinates and find the location in Google Earth?

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
  3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Not sure.....I do have a handheld GPS I use on my mini-bike, but I don't use it for that.....it wouldn't have that capability, obviously.....I'm wondering if there's a device that you can point at something aways away, and it'll tell you the GPS coordinates, or at least pinpoint the location on the map, say in Google Earth.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice