1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

any epson printer experts?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bj nick, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I have an epson photo 700 that has been great for five years. Now I am getting awful banding when printing graphics or pictures in color on photo paper. It happens with different brands of photo paper. The settings are correct. I have run utilities/head cleaning numerous times. It works ok with regular paper.
    any ideas?
    It looks like I may need a new printer, which I really don't want to do.

2. Party Boy

Party Boy

Try physically cleaning the cartridges - using a slightly damp lint free cloth gently clean the nozzles and the copper contacts on the cartridges themselves.

3. vwtick

vwtick

this guy tore it right down and manually cleaned it, lots of pics
    here

and a page on banding even when the test apttern appears OK
    here

4. roosterman

roosterman

try cleaning like the guy on the site that vwtick recommended. that guy put some effort into the printer and made a difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice