1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any free applications that would allow to upload large files (4/5 GB) to the cloud?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MSwhip, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MSwhip

MSwhip Thread Starter

I am interested in storing videos up in the cloud, most of the known software wont allow transfers of individual files larger than 2 GB. Is there a free way to circumvent this limitation? As I understand there are 2 possible bottlenecks. Limitation to individual file size, AND limitation of total individual transfers even if each and every file is under 2 GB.

I would appreciate any knowledgeable answers on these particular issues I do have sites that accept up to 50 GB storage space. Yahoo mail even takes limitless BUT all sites i know of wont let you transfer over 2GB per file

Thank you

2. Rockn

Rockn

I am not sure what limitation you are referring to as far as an application goes. I would think it would be more of a limitation imposed by the place the file is being uploaded to.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Agree with Rockn. This is more of a limitation of the Website hosting the file. You are going to have to pay for a service that gets you 4GB file uploads. I don't know of anything free off hand.

4. Rockn

Rockn

I am also aware of ISP's that limit the amount of bandwidth used and limit upload and downloads to a set limit and charge above that limit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice