any good clean fun games?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

changintimes

Banned
what is a good pc game for a 16 year old daughter to get as a present from her father?

it would need to be fun, i'm not neccessarilly interested in state of the art graphics, but i know she is into lord of the rings, is the lord of the rings pc game good?

thanks very much,

changintimes

She might like The Sims 2. Make sure your computer meets the requirements to be able to play it first before going out and buying it, if you choose to go that route.

The original game (The Sims 2) is required to be able to use the University or Nightlife expansion packs. So don't get those unless she has TS2 first.

I'd recommend them. I think that's something she might enjoy, and it fits into her age group too. They're clean, fun games. Rated "T" so you don't have to worry. :cool:

i have the Lord of the Rings. It is fun as Gandalf, the hobbits are annoying to play as and playing as Aragorn, Gimli, and legolas is fun until about half way through the game. Then it becomes an action game instead of role playing. Not my cup of tea to remember a special sequence of hits that a mini-boss does. I don't like that kinda thing., too predictable.

changintimes

Banned
so it's The Sims 2 game, eh?

is this a fun game? i may get it for her then,

can you play it with a keyboard?

Keyboard and mouse exclusively, my friend.

It's a really good game but I've had to shelf it for the last couple months (problems with my computer, and not getting around to play it).

The Sims 2 has two expansion packs that are geared for her age group- University (all about university), and Nightlife (all about dating and partying). Like I said before, the original base game is required to use the expansions.

Good luck! :)

changintimes

Banned
so i have to get the first game and then get the second game?

is the first game good?

The first game (The Sims 2) is what you HAVE to get if you want to get the second (University) and third (Nightlife) games.

The first game is fun on its own. If you'd like some more info:

www.thesims2.ea.com/

Click on "About- PC" for information about the first game, or click "Expansion" for information about the expansion. Another expansion "Open for Business" is in the works too!

What sort of a gamer is she at the moment? Does she play any games if so what ones? I know some girls really like first person shooters (perhaps not something you would be keen to buy her though) some girls go for the more typically female aimed games such as The Sims2, and others like role playing games. Just because it's a girl doesn't mean she necessarily will only play a non-violent game as such. I'd think it's better to buy something which she is already into rather than buy what "all the kids are playing" or what is "designed for girls".

I don't have a kid so I may be overly cautious when I say this but.. Sims University has hooka and drinking party scenarios in the game.. Nightlife has dating scenarios including bedtime rituals (although you can't see much).. Do you really want your 16yr old playing these?

I'd say Halo would be a good choice.. it's a first person shooter but no gore or gratuitous violence.
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield is a good FPS as well. I know a few girls who play that.
City of Heros (RPG type game) is supposedly a pretty fun game.. you create your own superhero and live the superhero life. City of Villains is the opposite.
Then there's Guild Wars and World of Warcraft (more involved RPG games) that you play online with other people.. be warned, it can be very addictive.
If she likes Star Wars, the Knights of the Old Republic I and II are excellent.
Psychonauts got good reviews as well.. I haven't played that one.
The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth (Real Time Strategy) is supposed to be good too.

As AvvY says.. it all depends on what type of games she likes.

i'm not much of a gamer myself, but my 14 yr.old daughter likes fatal frame

Make sure your PC can handle sims 2..
Minimum system:
Wondering if your PC will run The Sims 2? Well, comparing it to this minimum spec should give you a good idea:

OS - Windows 98/2000/Me/XP
Processor - Intel Pentium III 800MHz
Memory - 256MB RAM
Hard Drive - 3.5 GB
CD-DVD - 8 SPEED
Video Card - 32MB Transform & Lighting capable video card*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0 compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
My specs below.. Even those would slow and jump a tad with more than 4 Sims on the screen at once..

If you have an older slower PC the original Sims, is also a great classic game.. It hink it has 7 expansion packs too.. Tons of things to download, and I think was easyer to "mod" than Sims 2.. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...688908-1788959?v=glance&s=videogames&n=541966

RollerCoaster Tycoon those are great.. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...ords=rollercoaster+tycoon&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
Evil Genius was fun.. Sure you play a bad guy, but it's more like old James Bond type bad guys.. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...688908-1788959?v=glance&s=videogames&n=229534

Simpsons Hit and Run is a real fun game.. If she likes the Simpsons she'd love that game..
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t/102-7688908-1788959?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

If those specs are read out of the box, then I would double the CPU/RAM requirements, and at least triple the video card requirements XD.

At least a 128mb GFX card and 1GB RAM.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
I'm not 16...way older....:D....but maybe she'd like what I'm playing if it comes for the pc..."Luigi's Mansion"! ;) :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online