1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any good freeware popup blockers out there?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mark Nickles, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mark Nickles

Mark Nickles Thread Starter

What is recommended?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I find the best is the free Google one.

3. nick reynolds

nick reynolds

I go with Google too

4. starman2002

starman2002

5. Denim

Denim

The one that I use and Recommend is POW!! From analogX it is a Free small Download, that contains no adware, or Spyware. It is Free, with a clean interface and Works Really Great too. And the instructions are included in the Read me Files that come with the software . And it is Compatable with all versions of windows. It is a stand alone program, and it doesn't use no Cpu Resourses hardly at all. But with it you do have to turn it on Mannually after you boot up to your desk top. And after you conect to the internet (if your on dial up ) . But I just love it. it is free in Cost , and free of spyware, and adware too. But that is up to you to decide tho. Then to the tools and Utilties section there and grab you a copy if you want to. Less than 2 mins. to d/l on a modem . lol
    :)Denim:)

Click Here

6. dawgoner

dawgoner

7. Denim

Denim

Dawg, Does this free Popup Stopper get Banner Ads too? And do they keep it updated? And is it Free from Spyware, and malware? Just curious is all. if So I may think about Changing to it since it does support more browsers now such as yahoo's browser as well as IE's too
    :) Denim :)

8. joe2cool

joe2cool

9. Denim

Denim

Hey Joe,
    Your Avant Link dont work !! oops!!
    Denim

10. joe2cool

joe2cool

Cheers !

11. Denim

Denim

Thx For fixing it buddy !! Many Coodos to you. now that looks Like a clean Little browser there. !! I may have to check that one out my self . Do you use it ?

12. joe2cool

joe2cool

Hi Denim ........yeah all the time, very pleased with it !

13. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

denim,
    quote:
    But with it you do have to turn it on Mannually after you boot up to your desk top. And after you conect to the internet (if your on dial up )

..right click on the dot exe, such as:
    start>programs>[and wherever you have it], right click POW!>send to>desktop create shortcut>[window pops up telling you it will be placed on the sesktop, click ok],

..and in w9.x
    ..open C:\WINDOWS>Start Menu folder>Programs folder>StartUp folder>drag-drop/cut-paste the shortcut you created into this folder,
    ..it'll start when windows starts now, or just leave the shortcut on the desktop and click on it to start it when you go surfin',

..other ways to do it also, but this is about the easiest,

..cookiewall on that site works well also,

hope this helped,
    have a good day,
    daniel_b23804

14. Denim

Denim

Thank Guys, now I know what Im getting me for Christmas. Oh Can I still keep my IE Browser too? or Does it cause issues ? Sorry for all the Questions here ?

15. sleekluxury

sleekluxury

You can use Mozilla http://www.mozilla.org/
    or you could use Opera http://www.opera.com/
    they are both free, and you can disable pop-ups, and it works pretty well. I use StopZilla, and since 2/27/03 it has blocked 13128 pop-up ads.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/185018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice