1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any good Image Gallery on the Internet?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by CrazyComputerMan, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Thread Starter

First Name:
    Robert
    Before we got BT Yahoo Photo and we found it was user-friendly and very easy to use, but sadly, BT pushes us to join Flickr and BT Yahoo had to close BT Yahoo Photos and we thought we could try Flickr and we realise it's very difficult to use and spoil our privacy of photo's. We have decide to stop Flickr and still looking for free image sharing that has,

Send-out invites to people and view them whatever they are registered or unregistered member
    User-friendly
    Quick-uploading
    easy to navigate
    And privacy, only invites, not public

My mum is trying out Kodak Gallery... Is it good?

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what camera do you have - Canon have an image sharing site which is very good
    i also use imageshack.com

4. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Well... We do have different camera however, I use Fuijiful, My mum use Canon, My dad got 2 camera, One Canon and same as mine.

Im testing out PhotoBucket

5. ginrod

ginrod

Hey,
    there is a new web 2.0 service to counter the trend of overly public photo and video sharing. 2Pad was developed by 3 French entrepreneurs as the only private photo and sharing service. Using the latest in web technology, such as Ajax, 2Pad allows you to privately share your media from your personal gallery. Simply start by sending your media via email to [email protected] and 2Pad automatically creates your personal gallery. We would love you to test it out and send us feedback! We're always looking to improve our product for the masses!
    Send me an email to [email protected] and tell me what ya think..
    Thanks!
    Susi and the 2Pad Team.

6. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Okay i will test it out :)

7. Soundy

Soundy

I'll second that recommendation.

If you use Facebook, they also have a plugin for Picasa that allows easy upload to your Facebook account.

8. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    But for my friend and family :rolleyes: some of them do not have Facebook..

I told my mum to test out my photobucket account and my mum like it but she think it's small... I'll think i'll try picasa next.

9. hewee

hewee

How about Webshots?

You can hide images and albums. Then sent links to others to see them even if your hiding them but you got to send the email to them from webshots to get the right links to the private pictures.

http://www.webshots.com

You got to install there software but you only need it to upload images. Don't know but think if you want others to be about to leave comments they may have to be a member but that's nothing but a cookie.

10. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Thanks Hewee, Will try it out

11. hewee

hewee

Your welcome CCM

Then if this is going to be a close private pictures of family etc and you got others all over the place that don't want or know how do do things they they could email the picture to you and you can upload them.
    But you can make it so family every where can go to one place and see each other pictures.

12. alij

alij

We use photobucket in our house,easy to use and easy to up load pictures to other forums .Each account saves 1000 photos and like you this is too small for us but we just have multiple accounts i.e one for each member of the family or one for a certain subject.(y)

13. hewee

hewee

CCM wants privacy of photo's so and I never used photobucket so does it let you do this?

14. alij

alij

photobucket gives you the option to either mark your photos private or allow them to be viewed by others.this is done by selecting account options and editing album settings to private.:)

15. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Yes, You can enable PhotoBucket as private or public access.

I like photobucket but my mum dont like it :( so i think perhaps i'll pick webshot next.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/668712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice