1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any good programs to convert m4a files to mp3?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by FusionTecg, Dec 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FusionTecg

FusionTecg Thread Starter

Hello again guys, I have faced yet another issue now.

I recently just got a cheap mp3 player for on the go, but the problem is, my music files are in.. m4a. The player does not support that.

I was using an online file converter, but that apparently had a file limit for conversions.

Any suggestions?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. FusionTecg

4. C141

C141

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I use a lot of Pazera's programs because they are small, portable and get the job done!
    Try this
    http://www.pazera-software.com/products/mp4-to-mp3/
    Note M4A is one of the many types it will convert to mp3.

We own four mp3 players so I'm converting from ripped CD versions to mp3 files.

6. FusionTecg

I tried VLC, its refusing to convert one specific folder of music, which is the folder with the most music in it.
    I had to reinstall it to even get it to copperate at one point, though that was probably needed since it was being too finiky overall.

Will try that, thanks.

7. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Could be a bad file or files in that folder, unless VLC has some sort of file limit. I don't use VLC for this, so I can't confirm. Try putting some files into another folder and perform the conversion in chunks until you find the problem files.

8. FusionTecg

The program plodr suggested worked just fine, it converted the folder that VLC wasnt able to.

The files seem to be play fine and seem to be alright, but if one is a bad file I have a backup on an external drive I can pull them from, so if one is im fine.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice