1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any ideas??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Castle_Rock, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Castle_Rock

Castle_Rock Thread Starter

Does anyone know of a good portable digital photo device that has a screen. Not the digital picture frames, but a device that supports flash drives preferred.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. SB305

SB305

I've been looking for one, too. My local camera shop said that they sometimes stock an expensive one (they said) made by Epson.
    I did rig up a battery pack to a 7" digital picture frame. It worked fine once I'd found a DC power plug exactly matching its socket but the combination was really too cumbersome to cart around.
    At the moment I've settled for an MP3/MP4 player with a 3.5" screen and a card slot but no flash disk USB socket.
    Asustek make a cheap, half-size laptop which looks ideal but I haven't yet found one in stock locally.

3. Castle_Rock

Castle_Rock Thread Starter

Oh ok, thanks,

Nick

4. PopPicker

PopPicker

I could be mistaken, but I doubt you'll find a device like that with flash driver capability. Flash drives, and there are 23 zillion of them, require their own drivers....yes all are different.

The Epson viewers mentioned doesn't appear to accept flash drives.
    (Even printers that accept flash drives are quite precise as to the ones they'll use.)

PP

5. SB305

SB305

I've had a couple of digital picture frames (basically the same device but not portable). Both had full-size USB sockets and accepted and played several different brands/capacities of flash disk immediately.
    My MP3 player has only the mini USB connector, which allows connection to a PC. That requires drivers only for pre-Windows 2000 Operating Systems and the ones supplied work fine with 98SE. Once connected to the PC it's easy enough to transfer content from a flash disk (or whatever) onto the player's slot-in card.
    The only minor problems are that with portrait-oriented photo's you need to swing them around 90 degrees to get the bigger picture (awkward for a slide-show); and it doesn't like photo's batch-processed to JPG but is OK with pictures where the conversion to JPG has been done individually.
    Thanks for the link to the Epson viewer. It's a shame it has only a 4" screen.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice