1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any major issues with IE 8 Beta 2?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jules_fc, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

I'm considering updating my browser from IE 7 to IE 8 Beta 2 but I have a few concerns because it's a beta version. Does anybody here use IE 8 Beta 2 yet and if you do would you recommend that I update now or just wait until the final version is released? I would really appreciate some input, thanks. I use Windows XP SP3

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Beta is for testers of Beta and if you want s some fun give it a try, there is no way anyone can say that any beta especially one from Microsoft is going to work any way or other thing running it is a chance at some excitement.

Have fun and try it, I did and it is a lot of fun WOW!

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

Yes, IE 8 Beta 2 is in beta, as OZ noted.

Best of success.

RF123

4. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

I have heard a few bugs I would just download Firefox 3 its allot safer

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    jules_fc:

The final release of IE 8 is supposed to be out in November. Be patient awhile longer.

I'm using IE 8 Beta 2 in two of my three desktops. It has some minor issues, but nothing that I can't deal with.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. ZeroGurl

ZeroGurl

Something that really bugs me about IE 8 Beta 2 is that it crashes EVERY TIME you copy and paste any URL into the browser.

Also, more than a few websites aren't compatible with IE Beta 2 and I actually couldn't access them - kept getting a "Connection Error", yet other websites worked fine.

7. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

That's because IE7 didn't use the same web standards as everyone else whereas with IE8 they're trying to do that :D

But the websites detect you have a microsoft browser and so load all the code that only works in IE7.

Is there not a compatibility mode button somwhere? Or maybe they're saving that for the RC.

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Tools - Compatibility View Settings - Display All Websites In Compatibility View

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!