Any major security exploits in Windows 7 this year?

digitized

Since MS stopped supporting Win7, have any major security flaws come up that would make it suicidal to continue using Windows 7 ?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The official "end of life" for Windows 7 SP1 was January 2020.

The extended support updates(ESU) "end of life" for Windows 7 SP1 is January 2023.

If you have this paid service with Microsoft and have your computer configured to receive cumulative and security updates until January 2023, you shouldn't have any major security issues to worry about by continuing to use Windows 7 SP1.

One thing I do recommend if you're still using the Internet Explorer 11 browser is to switch to a different browser.

More and more web sites are dropping support for it, so those web sites no load or work properly with it.

I'm not a fan of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, so Mozilla Firefox is what I use.

----------------------------------------------------

Firehammer

carsten
Hello, I would update to Windows 10/Pro rather sooner than later, it is more secure IMHO.:unsure:

Hello, I would update to Windows 10/Pro rather sooner than later, it is more secure IMHO.:unsure:
Especially since you can still upgrade for free. I liked 7 just fine myself but I upgraded to 10 as soon as it was released. I didn't know 10 would still be free today or I'd have waited. All you need to do is go to the windows 10 download page and go through like 2 steps.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
digitized hasn't replied back since he started this thread 5 days ago, so any further comments and advice from us may be a waste of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online