Any one familiar with diypc vanguard-V6-RGB case

I guess I am old school, don't want to have to dig out portable dvd players and card readers.
It's not a question of old school or not.....it's the market (mfg) making the changes as it's old tech and being phased out. As USB ports are increasing in data speeds and new tech coming in. Everything is moving to digital downloads and storage media, USB being the forefront with Gen 3/3.1/3.2 and then Thunderbolt.

. I could find one with a coffee machine built in, one less thing cluttering the office.
That's too funny!

I was with you in your thinking as old school for the longest time. I just made this move to the bayless and readerless hardware. I'm not an early adopter but it's either join or get left behind kinda of thing..

As crjdriver pointed out.....Covid-19 has really put a halt to mfg and just about all the high quality hardware is hard to find on any online site. Especially mobo's, GPU and PSU.

crjdriver

One of my personal systems does not have an optical drive. I do use a usb type adapter that can connect old IDE, sata 3.5" and sata 2.5" drives. I was not sure IF you could connect a sata optical drive however those work fine as well. This adapter is VERY useful for data rescue, etc.

I do use a usb type adapter that can connect old IDE, sata 3.5" and sata 2.5" drives.
I use a USB HDD/SSD docking station. My ThermalTake case had one built into it and it was hot swappable. Best feature of that case IMO. This case I have nowdoesn't have that so I got a desktop docking station and love it just as much as the one in my old case. One of the best peripherals one can have outside of a printer which ever style one likes.

bobbee

Not to sound like Archie, but
If I buy the new technology, which doesn't appear to offer any advantages unless I am a gamer:
then I can purchase and store a portable dvd player and a docking station.
(might have to add a new drawer on my desk)
That will provide what I had with the old technology.
I must be getting old because I don't get it.,

Not to sound like Archie,
No, you're not....but point is taken.

it's no different then a case choice. So for me and just me....I'm not going to need a CD/DVD drive nor will I need a card reader. I moved strictly to USB storage and use different types of such drives. So I chose the case that worked for me. With the docking station that was built in to my old case, it ran at SATA III speed due to the PCI lane limitations. Now the docking station is an addon and it's USB 3.2 which is faster for data transfer speed vs the old SATA III. If you're in to that kind of stuff.

I have a dozen or so HDD's with DATA on them for just about anything you can think of. I just plop a drive in it's slot and tun on docking station and I go a bout my data transfers or backups. Versus have a full size tower with 20 HDDs that's loud and adds more unnecessary internal case heat.

Again....this just works for me and not every one will like that type of setup. Which is totally understandable. Do what works for you. We are just offering suggestions as to what works for us.

bobbee

Thanks for all the info. tips and opinions, very much appreciated.

Np.....Good luck with your case choice. When you get a new case post a pic of the finished build. Would love to see it. This is my setup. IMG_0027.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online