Any operating system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
G'day uniqunezz, these things happen, I keep trying until no stone is unturned, never let it beat you!! LOL. Real kamikaze stuff!!

So you have determined that windows has a problem, but DOS doesn't. A usb keyboard may have different effect but may present a problem needing to be selected in the BIOS.

My next suggestion is to try running a Linux Operating system.
The one I like best is a free different kind of system and will need a bit of a learning curve. You will enjoy this!
Have a look at this site http://www.goosee.com/puppy/ and see what you think.
If you might decide to give this a try, the file you will want is puppy-1.0.7-mozilla.iso it is about the fourth or fifth down on the ibiblio site page mentioned below.
This file is encoded differently to anything you have probably previously seen, it contains an entire operating system complete with all the programs you can imagine. (amazing stuff)
it is a 63 meg file and can be downloaded from here ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/ or one of it's mirrors.

You will need to have dsl or cable internet otherwise it will take ages to get.
If you obtain the file, it needs to be burned to a CD using a different burning method that unpacks all the files inside, and produces a bootable CD.
This can be done with ordinary burner programs but is more easily done with a program called BurnCDCC which is available free from here http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html scroll down to find it.
After downloading this file place it in a folder on your desktop and open it.

When opened it will give a small program window, direct this to the Puppy Linux ISO file in your machine and you might also reduce the burn speed if possible. (slower burns usually produce better disks) Place a decent CD in your burner and away you go, you should have no problem doing this and it will give you a bootable CD.
If you decide to test this CD, select item 4 at the initial menu that appears as it begins.

Are you with me so far? by the way placing ice on the head helps brain overheat!!!LOL.
Qldit.

uniqunezz

This is cool AND exciting....just one question...must i uninstall and format whats on the drive now or will it be done for me....

Good Evening uniqunezz, yes it is a breath of fresh air, and it uses a different keyboard controller system.
No you don't need to uninstall anything, this system loads entirely into your memory and runs from there. Actually it can run with no hard drive at all, but if you want a permanent installation it can be loaded to a hard drive or virtually anything.
Option 4 during boot means that there are no files placed anywhere and it just exists entirely in "virtual" memory. (RAM)
Now there are a few things you need to know to make it "dance"
Drives have to be mounted to be available, this is easily done with the drive mount tool Start > Utilities if you mount a drive you need to unmount it before shutdown, so leave the mount tool minimised in the task bar.
You will notice that you have 4 desktops, you also only use mouse clicks once LOL!! Left and right give different operations.
I will contact you on the private line LOL there are a few more things that will help you get your legs.
How do you like all the programs?
And how is your keyboard functioning ? (any errors?)
qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online