1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any other cost effective ways to get search engines to find site

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by deh, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deh

deh Thread Starter

Hi,
    Other than Meta tags what is the best way to get popular search engines to find your site. I realize paying the search engine company but I was looking for a cheaper (free) alternative if possible.

I am trying to accomplish 2 things if someone puts in the name of this guys business and the city and state (especially in the big search engines like google) a link to his site will be found and among the first listed.
    So ex. In a search engine some would type in Smiths auto shop sometown new jersey
    it would produce his site in the results

Second,
    I would like it so that if someone puts in the persons business catagory in a popular search engine thiers would be among the first listed in the search enginge resultes.

So ex. In google someone types in mechanic sometown new jersey I would like his business to be among the first.

As I said I know paying the search engine company would be the best course of action for this but is there a strategy other than meta tags they may ensure a better chance of being listed near the top in a search.

Thanks for any advice.

Have a good day.

2. Holly3278

Holly3278

I am not much with HTML so I cannot help you with meta tags. However, I do know that if you want to be listed among the first of Google's search results, you should seriously consider paying for a sponsored listing. It would probably be hard to get to the top of the list without doing so. The reason is because there are trillions of web pages on the Internet competing for the top space. Of course, that would probably be reduced to millions or thousands and possibly even as low as hundreds if the search term is narrow enough.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice