1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any other "Spam Arrest" types? [LONG]

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tom.stevenson, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom.stevenson

tom.stevenson Thread Starter

I have been a MailWasher Pro user for several months, but although it catches and deletes Spam at my ISP mailbox, rather than simply filtering it to a trash folder, I still have to go online to kick-start it every day. If I don't, my mailbox is overflowing in 48-72 hours, which is a problem if I want to go away and not go online. A friend recommended Spam Arrest, which seems just the job, since it does not need me and goes online every 2 minutes to keep my mailbox free (I understand the risks, and accept them because they are less than allowing the spam to accumulate). However, Spam Arrest's Setup Helper refuses to work for me ["We are unable to install the Spam Arrest Setup Helper"] and manual configuration does not work, even though I've configured precisely as Spam Arrest instructs. I've even set my Privacy Options to minimum, and shutdown my firewall, just in case something arcane in the configuration was causing the problem. Spam Arrest Support is no help, merely stating <<If you are unable to resolve this issue on your own, you may contact us via Live Chat so that we may view your e-mail software configuration and complete the necessary steps together. There is a link to Live Chat in the Members Support section of our website.>>, but I can find no Live Chat link. So, does anyone know of a similar product?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice