1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any problem with converting Word documents to PDF? Any other way to create PDF files?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bonecrusher123, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bonecrusher123

Bonecrusher123 Thread Starter

hey all, my company wants to start selling books in PDF form. instead of buying the Adobe Acrobat program to create PDF's, i was wondering if it's possible to create them through some other way?

i know Word allows this, are there any problems with using Word? do adobe allow it? what are the ways do people recommend?

thanks all

2. Bonecrusher123

3. hptech1688

hptech1688

A lot of your all in one printers now come with software that will allow you to scan and save to .pdf.

4. geek117

geek117

Pdfcreator is my favorite, but the new version of word should be sufficient. You just won't benefit from the features available from Acrobat.

5. Bonecrusher123

so there's no legal problem doing it in MicrosoftWord? could the user see the author name or anything like that in the PDF?

thanks

6. geek117

geek117

You can download an add-on/plug-in that will allow you to remove metadata from the files if you wish for it to be anonymous. However, Using Adobe Acrobat should allow you to stamp it with a Watermark so nobody can steal it and claim it as their own.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Anything that can be printed .. (like a doc or a pub file) .. Can be printed to a pdf file.
    I also use PDFCreator to do this.

pdf files can be merged or split using PDFsam ..
    If you need to assemble or disassemble the Book.

8. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

FWIW ... PDFCreator has better reviews than Cutepdf .. See Here
    Cutepdf requires a separate Postscript file .. The Postscript file is built into PDFCreator.

More recommended freeware pdf tools Here

10. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

In Word 2010 there is an option under File > Info > Prepare for Sharing > Check for Issues, where you can supposedly remove personally identifiable information from the document. I haven't used it so I am not sure if it does what it claims.

11. Bonecrusher123

whats this called?

12. geek117

geek117

There used to be a downloadable tool for Office 2003/XP, but the functionality is built into Office 2007. See the following links for more information.

Office 2007 Instructions

Tool for Office 2003/XP

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice