Any problem with converting Word documents to PDF? Any other way to create PDF files?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bonecrusher123

hey all, my company wants to start selling books in PDF form. instead of buying the Adobe Acrobat program to create PDF's, i was wondering if it's possible to create them through some other way?

i know Word allows this, are there any problems with using Word? do adobe allow it? what are the ways do people recommend?

thanks all

hey all, my company wants to start selling books in PDF form. instead of buying the Adobe Acrobat program to create PDF's, i was wondering if it's possible to create them through some other way?

i know Word allows this, are there any problems with using Word? do adobe allow it? what are the ways do people recommend?

thanks all
A lot of your all in one printers now come with software that will allow you to scan and save to .pdf.

Pdfcreator is my favorite, but the new version of word should be sufficient. You just won't benefit from the features available from Acrobat.

Bonecrusher123

so there's no legal problem doing it in MicrosoftWord? could the user see the author name or anything like that in the PDF?

thanks

You can download an add-on/plug-in that will allow you to remove metadata from the files if you wish for it to be anonymous. However, Using Adobe Acrobat should allow you to stamp it with a Watermark so nobody can steal it and claim it as their own.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Anything that can be printed .. (like a doc or a pub file) .. Can be printed to a pdf file.
I also use PDFCreator to do this.

pdf files can be merged or split using PDFsam ..
If you need to assemble or disassemble the Book.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
FWIW ... PDFCreator has better reviews than Cutepdf .. See Here
Cutepdf requires a separate Postscript file .. The Postscript file is built into PDFCreator.

More recommended freeware pdf tools Here

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
In Word 2010 there is an option under File > Info > Prepare for Sharing > Check for Issues, where you can supposedly remove personally identifiable information from the document. I haven't used it so I am not sure if it does what it claims.

Bonecrusher123

You can download an add-on/plug-in that will allow you to remove metadata from the files if you wish for it to be anonymous. However, Using Adobe Acrobat should allow you to stamp it with a Watermark so nobody can steal it and claim it as their own.
whats this called?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online