Any recent problems with AVG updates?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Veryfrustratedus

I couldn't update manually a few days ago so I reloaded AVG9 and it updated. Today I also had the same problem.
I've trouble shot and it is set for automatic updates and scans. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? The failure message is; The connection with the update server has failed

I've emailed them and am waiting. This has happened several times over the year and a half I've had it and they always send me an email link to remove the system, then to reload it as the program has become corrupted. I'm getting tired of this and having to reset all the settings over and over.

Do you have security software installed, maybe it is blocking AVG updates.

you have to do a manual scan with mbam, open mbam, go to the update tab, update it, when that is done go to the scan tab and do a full system scan.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Updates fail occasionally .. When the server get overloaded.
I usually wait and try again later.
If it happens often .. then you should look for a cause as suggested

Veryfrustratedus

mumbodog I did scan

As I said the problem is always the AVG main system file has gotten corrupted according to AVG. They haven't yet responded to this contact. It was through the site which scanned the machine for data before sending it.
They usually answer by now at least with a confirmation of reciept.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The first thing a good virus will do ... Is mess with your Antivirus program.
It sounds to me like this is what's happening.
I'm wondering .. are you fully backed up and ready to perform a fresh install of Windows ??

Veryfrustratedus

OK apparently the allow for safe setting I have on AVG updates in the firewall blocks if the trusted database is off.
I don't trust trusted database that seems a huge hole to me.

golferbob I am waiting for a reply from AVG. I did reload the item once and I don't do it because its a huge pain to redo the settings and it shouldn't happen anyway. I'd rather AVG fix their own problems.

Of course this turned out to be ignorance on my part.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts